Tangazo la Maombi ya Ufadhili wa Masomo kwa Mwaka wa masomo 2021/2022 - Dirisha la Pili
20 Mar, 2022
MARITIME EDUCATION AND TRAINING FUND (METFUND)
INVITATION FOR APPLICATION OF LOANS/GRANTS
- The Maritime Education and Training Fund (METFUND) hereinafter referred to as the Fund, is established under section 170 of the Merchant Shipping Act No. 21 of 2003 (CAP. 165 of the Revised Laws of Tanzania) and announced by Government Notice No. 184 published on 18/05/2012.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the METFUND has set aside funds for the Financial Year 2021/2022 to finance Maritime Education and Training for Tanzanians and Maritime Institutions with a view to enhancing professionalism in the Maritime Sector.
- The METFUND invites eligible Tanzanians/Training institutions to apply for loans/grants for the Financial Year 2021/2022 in the following areas:
- Undergraduate courses in Nautical Science, Offshore engineering, Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture (local);
- Approved seagoing service relevant to the issue of a certificate of competency or other qualification;
- Short course programmes for Tanzanian seafarers to comply with national and international standards as per STCW (local);
- Certificate of Competence Courses in Navigation and Marine Engineering (local);
- Professional short courses in;
- Pilotage (local);
- liner agency (local);
- dry cargo chartering (local);
- tanker chartering (local);
- port agency (local);
- cargo handling (local);
- freight clearing and forwarding (local);
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO) Certified Short courses;
- Master’s Degree in:
- International Trade and Maritime Law (local);
- Marine Engineering management (local);
- Nautical Science and Maritime Transport (local);
- Shipping Economics (local).
- Interested applicants will find details of the application procedures, including eligibility criteria from the Fund's website, www.metfund.go.tz , the Dar es Salaam Maritime Institute’s website, www.dmi.ac.tz, and/or on the Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation website, www.tasac.go.tz.
- All applications must be submitted through the METFUND Online Fund Management System (OFMS) available through www.metfund.go.tz The deadline for submission will be on 16th April 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for processing. Download
Prof. Erick P. Massami
Secretary – Board of Trustees